Please note: This is a new system and information is currently in flux and may change without notice.
From February 25th to August 7th, 2022, Space Mountain, Frozen Ever After, and Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be available under the Genie+ Lightning Lane system at no additional cost. See list below.
(Information current as of July 7th, 2022)
Genie+ is Walt Disney World’s new system to replace FastPass+. Interestingly, it is much more like the original FASTPASS system in use for many years, except it is fully electronic rather than having to go to an attraction to get a physical ticket. It is also costs extra.
Genie+ costs an extra $15 plus tax (or $15.98) per guest per day to use the service, and is available as an add-on to your ticket or vacation package for the length of stay, or can be purchased per-day on the day you wish to use it starting as 12:00am. As of June 8th, the add-on option ahead of time will not be available and it will only be available the morning of the day you intend to use it. It may also only be available in limited quantity.
With it, you can get a return time for an attraction later in the day, and then use the Lightning Lane at the attraction when your return window opens.
What’s old is new again…
When I say it is like the original FASTPASS system, I really mean it. It works the exact same way, except you don’t have to go to a kiosk near the attraction but just use the app. You can make one Genie+ reservation initially. You can then get another one when you tap in at the Lightning Lane at the attraction, or after two hours since you made the previous reservation (see below), whichever is sooner. This means you can get an “unlimited” number of Genie+ reservations, depending on how quickly the reservations are used up.
The one major exception will be in the original system there was a lot of leeway in using a FASTPASS after the return window. That is not the case since FastPass+. With few exceptions (usually due to in-park issues), you MUST enter the Lightning Lane no later than 15 minutes after the return window closes.
Can I choose my return time?
No. This is not like FastPass+ reservations, but like the old system. When you go to make a reservation, you will be given the next available return time, which are allocated starting in the morning some time after park opening, and getting progressively later in the day about an hour before closing.
When can I make my first reservation?
All guests, regardless of whether they are staying on-site or not or what time the park opens, can make their first selection at 7:00am the day of your visit to the park.
When can I make my second reservation (and third..)?
After you tap in to the Lightning Lane for the previous reservation, or two hours after you made the previous reservation, whichever is sooner. One exception is with your first reservation if you made it before the park opened that day – the second reservation cannot be made until at least two hours after the park has opened to the general public (early entry for resort guests do not count), or you have scanned in to the previous reservation. Say if you made your first reservation at 7:00am with the parking opening at 9:00am, and the first reservation return window as for 11:30am, you can make your second reservation at 11:00am. If the return window was 10:30am, and you scan in at that time, you can make your second reservation then.
Do I need a park reservation? What about Park Hopping?
While a park reservation system is still in use, you will need to have a reservation for the park you wish to use Genie+ in initially.
If you are park hopping to another park later in the day, and want to make a selection for an attraction that the return time is currently before 2:00pm (park hopping is currently restricted to after 2:00pm), Genie+ will recognize this as being different from your initial park and will adjust the return time automatically for you to be 2:00-3:00pm. If you aren’t going to park hop until later, you will need to wait to make the selection to be more to your liking.
Does having an Individual Lightning Lane reservation prevent getting a Genie+ reservation, or vice versa?
No. They are exclusive systems and the restrictions are independent.
Almost all the FastPass attractions are available under Genie+, except the top two attractions at each park, which are available as Individual Lightning Lane attractions for a separate charge.
Here is the list of Genie+ attractions – note that this list may change without notice due to availability, etc:
(Updated as of July 7th, 2022):
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
- Meet characters at Town Square Theater/Fairytale Hall
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Space Mountain (*)
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is available as an Individual Lightning Lane choice at additional charge.
* Space Mountain is available under Genie+ at least until August 7th. We expect Space Mountain to likely permanently move to Genie+ when TRON Lightcycle Power Run opens, but that is not certain.
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Frozen Ever After (*)
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: Space (Both Green and Orange available)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (*)
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Soarin’ Around The World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Turtle Talk With Crush
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is available as an Individual Lightning Lane choice at additional charge.
* Frozen Ever After and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure are available under Genie+ at least until August 7th.
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage – Priority Access
- Disney Junior Play and Dance! – Reserved Viewing Area
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Priority Access
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! – Priority Access
- Meet Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (*)
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours: The Adventure Continues
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is available as an Individual Lightning Lane choice at additional charge.
* Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is available under Genie+ at least until August 7th.
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
- Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King – Priority Access
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain (*)
- Feathered Friends in Flight!
- Finding Nemo: The Big Blue…and Beyond!
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Na’vi River Journey
Avatar Flight of Passage is available as an Individual Lightning Lane choice at additional charge.
* Expedition Everest is available under Genie+ at least until August 7th.